Cash for Classrooms
Cash for Classrooms
A program of Twin Falls Education Foundation
For over 30 years, Twin Falls Education Foundation has helped teachers supplement their lessons and transform classrooms to meet their students’ unique needs. Today, more than ever, we understand the urgency to support teachers and provide them with more ways to access the tools they need to help close achievement gaps and to make learning more hands-on and innovative.
Cash for Classrooms is designed to provide a financial means for educators to create experiences that enrich and enhance student learning. Ideally, requests illustrate the need for additional supports and in-classroom initiatives designed to improve student outcomes. It is estimated that within Twin Falls School District, the average classroom teacher expenses over $500 annually, out of pocket money, on supplemental materials to enhance curriculum within his/her classroom.
Cash For Classrooms applications are received February 1 – February 28th each calendar year. Applications are reviewed and scored during the month of March and recipients notified of awarded funds mid-April. Funding is available after August 1 for the new academic school year. Awarded funds must be spent before January 31st of the calendar year. A grant report/evaluation is required of all recipients after funds have been exhausted. Failure to complete a final report will prevent applicants from applying for assistance in the next grant cycle. Twin Falls Education Foundation reserves the right to request unused funds be returned to the organization.
Allocated funding will give precedence to requests that are not covered by district building and maintenance funds. All funding requests should be academically focused. Funding is available up to $1200 per application. Applications can be for a combined team or individual educator.
The following is provided as useful information:
- Applicants must use the online application process and each section must be completed.
- Applicant is responsible for utilizing the granted funds as requested in meeting the needs within his or her classroom/school.
- Twin Falls School District policies for purchasing must be followed for teachers using grant funds. Any quotes in applications should come from district approved vendors.
- Applicants can apply individually or as a group.
- A selection committee will review grant requests for funding approval. Content will be weighed against a rubric.
- Grants will be evaluated using, but not limited to, the following criteria:
- Educator is an employee of Twin Falls School District
- Proposed grant supports the mission of Twin Falls Education Foundation
- Applicant followed all directions and completed the application.
- Proposal is well written, grammar, punctuation, and sentence structure are correct.
- Budget is specific and itemized (no exceptions)
- Need and objectives are clearly stated.
- Quantifiable impact is demonstrated.
- Requested funds will positively impact target recipients.
- Arguments concerning the need for the grant are supported with facts.
Selection & Notification
- A selection committee will review grant requests for final approval.
- Priority will be given to the most innovative, enriching ideas and to those that maximize the purpose of the individual Cash for Classrooms program. Funding is under the discretion of Twin Falls Education Foundation.
- All grant applicants will be notified in writing. Please do not contact the Foundation regarding the status of your application. Because of the number of requests received, the organization cannot guarantee that all requests will be fulfilled.
- Twin Falls Education Foundation will send an electronic notification to the awarded recipient, school secretary, principal, and school district accounting office indicating the gifted amount and appropriate account allocations.
- Any questions regarding account balance, spending stipulations, etc. should be addressed with school administration or district accounting. District purchasing guidelines apply in all instances.
- Applicant will be required to complete a final evaluation form. All forms will be included in recipient's notification packet and must be received before the end of the calendar year.
- Final evaluations must include, but are not limited to photographs, drawings, quotes, videos, essays, artwork, etc.
- Final evaluations are required to be eligible for next year's grant cycle.
- Cash for Classroom requests are awarded up to $1200
Cash for Classrooms funds may not be used for:
- Capital projects
- Travel with the exception of field trips
- Food, Incentives, or Prizes
- Annual programs or licenses that require annual renewal
- T-shirts, ancillary logoed products
It is recommended that applicants use the six-part self-guided essay template to complete the application. Submissions will be reviewed and scored by a Cash for Classrooms review committee.
Please contact Twin Falls Education Foundation Office at 208-933-GIVE (4483) or electronically (email@example.com) with questions regarding project funding.